|Latest RWIS Atmospheric Data as of Fri Feb 22 06:04 PM 2019|
- This page displays the latest atmospheric data received from the NHDOT Environmental Sensor Stations (ESS) located on various NH highways and NHDOT facilities that provide such data.
- Clicking the icon to the left of a site, will display all of the observations for that site for the current day.
- The Lafayette site is located near the campground in Franconia Notch. The Echo Lake site is located just north of the Franconia Notch.
- At most sites, the highest reported visibility will be 1.1 miles. Exceptions are as follows: 1.2 miles for Echo Lake, LaFayette, Littleton and New Ipswich; Salem and Ashland have newer sensors and can report visibility as high as 7.1 miles; and Dover can report visibilities up to 12.4 miles.
- Precipitation can be listed as "None" for no precipitation, "Recent" if it just recently ended, or "Now" if it just started.
- When precipitation has been detected and an intensity has been determined, precipitation intensities are listed as "LGT" for light or "MOD" for moderate or "HVY" for heavy.
- The entry, "Precip", following a reported intensity usually means rain or drizzle or an indeterminate type of precipitation.
- When snow/ice has been identified by the sensor, the precipitation type following the intensity will be listed as "Snow".
- Missing or not reported data are left as blank entries.
- This page will automatically refresh every 5 minutes.