Set options and then point and click to any location on the map to retrieve the sounding(s) for that location
- If no sounding image appears, it means that there were incomplete or no data found for the forecast time selexted. Try the "previous" option, since new data may just be in the process of arriving.
- The "Loop All" will provide a user controlable HAniS Lopp that shows plotted sounding charts for all available forecast hours for the selected model.
- New model data come in after model base times at about 1-1.5 hours for RAP, 3-4 hours for NAM, and 4-4.5 hours for GFS.
- For some additional locations, go here for individual soundings or here for sounding loops.
- The RAP 1-HR model has hourly forecasts out to 3-hours when the RAP-3-HR is not run.
- The RAP 3-HR model has base time of 00Z, 03Z, 06Z, 09Z, 12Z, 15Z, 18Z, and 21Z, and 1-hour forecasts out to 6-hours and then 3-hour forecasts out to 12-hours.
- The NAM model has base times of 00Z, 06Z, 12Z, and 18Z, and 3-hour forecasts out to 60-hours.
- The GFS-CONUS model has base times of 00Z, 06Z, 12Z, and 18Z, and 6-hour forecasts out to 84-hours for this page except for GFS sounding loops which go out to 5 days.